ABOUT IIT INDORE
ABOUT IIM INDORE
ABOUT IIT INDORE
The 21st century heralded the age of knowledge societies. Indian Institute of Technology Indore, established in 2009, in the tradition of the IITs as a center for excellent education and training in IIT Indore aims to play an active role in this task of propelling India on her growth-trajectory by focusing on education, research and development. IIT Indore’s motto Vidya Sarvajana hitaya reflects the mission of the institute-education for the benefit and reach of all.
- A vibrant academic community that develops programmes and research projects across disciplines.
- To facilitate extensive hands-on training by developing sophisticated instrumentation and experimental facilities and nurture creative scientific thinking.
- Adjunct faculty and distinguished international visiting faculty to form important components of the institute’s teaching and research profile.
- Research and Development:
- Promote interdisciplinary research in science, engineering, and humanities and social sciences.
- Conduct disruptive and social impacting research in some chosen areas such as sustainable development, climate change, food and water security.
- Promote industry-oriented research leading to new products, processes, and technologies.
- Promote culture of start-ups and entrepreneurship by establishing Industrial Research Park which will be a focal point in Central India.
- Aggressive patenting and protection of IPR.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship:
- “Concept to Product” to be facilitated with heavy engagement with industry partners.
- Promote undergraduate research, start–ups and incubators within the campus.